If you are trying to have a romantic life in the hispanic community then this guide will help you score big points and save you from a potentially getting slapped in the face.
If you are like me, you like flirting and talking to people of the opposite sex, maybe at a party, bar or even on Tinder. After reading this article you will have a few phrases that you can use on your potential love.
Hispanics love being flirted whitin in Spanish
I can flirt in English for sure, but there is something very cute when I hear someone flirt with me in Spanish, and the people that I asked during my research for this article agreed, all 16 of them.
Reach a larger potential love pool
Even though a big portion of the hispanic population speaks in English, there are a lot of people who only speak Spanish. If you would like to tap into a larger love culture, all 500 million of them. You have to at least know the basics.
The phrases to use
- ¿Quieres salir conmigo? = Do you want to go out with me?
- ¿Me das tu número? = Can I have your number?
- Me gustas mucho. = I like you a lot.
- ¿Quieres bailar conmigo? = Do you want to dance with me?
- Tienes una sonrisa muy bonita = You have a very beautiful smile
- ¿Vienes aquí a menudo? = Do you come here often?
- ¿Quieres ser mi novio/a? = Do you want to be my girl/boyfriend?
- ¿Puedo ofrecerte una copa? = Can I offer you a drink?
- ¿Ya nos conocemos? = Have we meet before?
The phrases to avoid
- ¿Tienes novio? ¿Sí? Bueno, no soy celoso = Do you have boyfriend? Yes? I'm not the jealous type
- ¿Te perdiste? El cielo está muy lejos de aquí = Are you lost? Heaven is far from here.
- ¿Eres modelo? = Are you a model?
- No estoy borracho, sólo intoxicado por ti.= I'm not drunk, I'm just intoxicated by you.
- Si ser sexy fuese un delito, te pasarías la vida en la cárcel. = If being sexy were a crime, you would spend a lifetime in jail.
- Te pareces a mi siguiente novia. = You look like my next girlfriend
- Cuando Dios inventó la belleza se inspiró en ti. = When God invented beauty he was inspired by you.
- ¿Te dolió cuando te caíste del cielo? = Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?
- ¿Hablamos o seguimos viéndonos de lejos? = Should we keep talking or just keep seeing each other from a far?
Hopefully after these few tips will give you the confidence to start using your Spanish in person on Tinder or whatever is the new app of the day. You should definitely avoid being cheesy or too forward, that might get you slapped or simply embarrased